My incredibly helpful resource, a best friend, a precious possession, a treasure, the kind that would kill you if it vanished -- meet my organizer.
I've been constantly updating my organizer, every single day, every single week. Every event, every birthday, every homework due-date, every test-date, every exam-date, every school event, every outing, meeting, everything. It's the one place I look to when I'm in doubt, lost or confused. Like I said, it's my best friend. And without it, I'd die. I would be completely lost. And as anal as I am, if anyone cancelled anything or if I wrote something wrongly, it kinda gets on my nerves to strike it off. Hahahaha, I know, now that's just really anal. But anyway, what can I say? It's my companion and it's the only method that can guide me along.
So as I was saying, without my organizer, I wouldn't know what happened, or what is going to happen. Which is why I'm referring to it and looking at the highlights of the months.
(Celebrating Joel's birthday at the museum, it was an Egyptian exhibition, and then we moved on to the arcade. It was a belated celebration, on the 2nd January)
In January, well let's just say it was the toughest month of my life. Being a person of having to deal with my own problems and having to listen to what people have to say about me and what they think about me, it gives me the greatest opportunity with the greatest use of time, to find out who I really am and what principles that I stand by. And let's just say I'm not someone good at making decisions. What food to eat, should I buy that bar of chocolate that's gonna not only give me happiness but also a nice face full of pimples, should I shower now in order not to waste time, should I watch this movie, should I meet up with friends, should I cancel. And then it moves on to a tougher level, should I go to a college? Should I go to Republic Polytechnic, a polytechnic where almost everyone has negative thoughts about? Should I take up this course, should I appeal for another course, should I stay in Science stream, should I go to a different stream?
(Atikah's 18th birthday on the 7th January at The Bliss in Punggol Park)
So many decisions to make, so little time. And for the fact that I know myself, unfortunately, I also know that I'm lazy. Which is why I found myself too lazy to think, too lazy to decide. I'm in Millennia Institute, so just screw the other thoughts, do well this year. And as much as I regret not thinking much about it, I don't regret one bit entering Millennia Institute. At the end of the day, it was all part of an experience and I'm also glad that I know what I can't do and what I should try to do. But then again, I never really got settled down in Millennia Institute, I was constantly thinking and thinking and thinking about what I should do rather than staying in the Science stream, and trust me, while I may have found friends that were of delight and joy to me, and I completely love them, especially my classmates: Farzanah, Elizabeth, Pradip (later on, Melathi joined us around April and she's our beloved good friend, Farzanah left, sadly, to Melbourne, in late March), I still felt utterly depressed and unsettled.
(Receiving a cheque of about $300 from the government for doing well in Secondary 5)
It was like I didn't belong to Millennia Institute's Science stream. It was tough but as much as I found it tough, I never gave up, or at the very least, I was on the verge of giving up, I just never really thought so much about it. And call it the root of my failures, and I guess you're right. Determination was scarce and having a scarcity in that, results in well, bad results. That's something that I believe in, yet it's funny when I don't practice what I believe in. That's besides the point. Point is, I struggled. And I guess along the way, I somehow gradually became stronger.
(First time clubbing in Zirca, Rebel and Lunar)
That was basically how my first half of the year was like, starting from January. I guess it was when I received the message from the MOE or some office that I was accepted into Millennia Institute and the biggest shock of my life was that I had to report to that school, without prior knowledge of some orientation and that it was NOT gonna be just for 15 minutes for administrative stuff. It was much more than that. It implied, "Hey, report tomorrow. It's going to take a few minutes". Maybe it was the eleventh-hour adjustment, the fact that I was going to have to report for orientation in the wee hours of the morning, till the afternoon. Not good, man. I had no time to think at home and I had no time at all to be mentally prepared for this.
(Acting for the first time for a team from the diploma course Mass Communications Ngee Ann Polytechnic! It was an amazing and fun experience I swear but I don't know, I think I sucked, I think I was good. I don't know. 23rd January 2010)
In February, things were more enjoyable. You make new friends, you start to hang out with each other. But there are only so few you can trust and so many that you know will just be good friends, acquaintances or, worst, enemies. Or some, you just get so busy with your school schedules, that you lose contact with them. You used to say hi, but you stopped because it wasn't worth it anymore. I mean, who are you kidding? Saying hello to someone whom you know it's been a long time since you've talked to them. I'm not one that's good at keeping friends. Making friends, that's something I think everyone can do. But keeping them, that's a harder process. It involves communication. The key to keeping friends. I guess you could say I'm more of the recessive-kind of person in a friendship (I know, ethics are: there shouldn't be a dominant one or a weaker one in a relationship). What I'm trying to say is, I'm the kind that doesn't make the move. I would and there are times when I did, but on the whole, nope. I'm not the kind that makes the first move in keeping a friendship. It's not that I'm arrogant or proud. When I see no point in keeping a friend, it's because maybe the vibe they give off, maybe the things they do or maybe they are just not who I thought them out to be.
(The end of MI's orientation - 5th February)
But when I keep a friend, I truly believe that they can be trusted. It's just one of those things where I have learnt (or am still learning) in life, stand firm on what you believe in. February was the month when lessons started, so I guess nothing major happened, so you could call it the most boring month of the year. Honestly.
(Yong Wei's 18th birthday. Dressed as a doctor, shaved his head buzz-cut style, wearing my party hat.)
-
March happened.
(Yong Wei planned a chalet for all the schoolmates and lemme tell you it was one amazing night with all my friends! We were all sitting down talking and laughing and drinking and eating and just embasking in each others' presence. It was fun and amazing!)
-
(Elizabeth's 17th birthday. We didn't know each other much but we were just friends!)
Term 1 ended in mid-March. There were many more opportunities that came. I volunteered for a health-check-up thing, and I was supposed to check the blood level of people and made sure their BMI or whatever stats were healthy. So I kinda told this woman that she had a high risk of cholesterol level and I saw her face change, it was so hurtful for me!!! I swear. I didn't mean to disappoint her with those results but anyway, I hope she checked it up with the doctor. That following week, on Saturday 20th, I volunteered working at a very low-budgeted carnival. And on the 26th March, on a Friday, it was Be Yourself Day and also my Award Presentation Day. Apparently I was third (but I wasn't -- long story), so I had to collect my prize.
March was also around the time when I made a close friend, Farzanah, who left for Melbourne, as mentioned above. I was actually depressed in class after! But Elizabeth and I stuck close and we try to keep in contact with each other through the Internet and by snail mail.
-
April started off fine, I guess. Like I said, there were more opportunities that came up. I took part in a speech contest and I actually got to the semi-finals, and that was as far as I could try, and as far as I could go. I have an EXTREME fear of speaking in public and I spoke in front of many but speaking in front of the whole school, is just terrifying. I can speak in front of like 100 people but that's it. No more. So I gave up, I was supposed to write a speech to help me enter into the finals but I just gave up. I wrote a crappy speech. Hahahaha. Anyway, it was also the month where we were sworn in with our badges, as Student Councillors. Apparently we had to say some pledge and then we had to perform our first duty which was to put on the badge and uh, after that, we were officially Student Councillors. Hahahaha.

The friends you make there, well, that's natural. But no one told you that you'd hate a few people in there, some would backstab you, some would annoy you, some would want to outrank you. Yeah, trust me. I've had my fair share of people and when I see one, I know myself not to talk to them anymore. So yes, in Student Council, I scolded someone, I ignored some of them and honestly, I stuck with my closest friends and I love them: Giennieve, Hanan, Ming How, Cindy, Hilda, Fathima, Reyna. They're honestly the best.
-
May happened. It was happening, let me tell you that. I signed up to take part in a Millennia Institute World International Conference programme where I have to host a foreign exchange student. That was the best time of my life. I met my buddy, Vincent Miller, from Germany. We all had our buddies and we got to know them more. It was one of the best things that happened.
I will definitely be remembering this for life! Part Two coming up. Hahahaha, did this for 4 hours. ShaiBe.
I've been constantly updating my organizer, every single day, every single week. Every event, every birthday, every homework due-date, every test-date, every exam-date, every school event, every outing, meeting, everything. It's the one place I look to when I'm in doubt, lost or confused. Like I said, it's my best friend. And without it, I'd die. I would be completely lost. And as anal as I am, if anyone cancelled anything or if I wrote something wrongly, it kinda gets on my nerves to strike it off. Hahahaha, I know, now that's just really anal. But anyway, what can I say? It's my companion and it's the only method that can guide me along.So as I was saying, without my organizer, I wouldn't know what happened, or what is going to happen. Which is why I'm referring to it and looking at the highlights of the months.
(Celebrating Joel's birthday at the museum, it was an Egyptian exhibition, and then we moved on to the arcade. It was a belated celebration, on the 2nd January)In January, well let's just say it was the toughest month of my life. Being a person of having to deal with my own problems and having to listen to what people have to say about me and what they think about me, it gives me the greatest opportunity with the greatest use of time, to find out who I really am and what principles that I stand by. And let's just say I'm not someone good at making decisions. What food to eat, should I buy that bar of chocolate that's gonna not only give me happiness but also a nice face full of pimples, should I shower now in order not to waste time, should I watch this movie, should I meet up with friends, should I cancel. And then it moves on to a tougher level, should I go to a college? Should I go to Republic Polytechnic, a polytechnic where almost everyone has negative thoughts about? Should I take up this course, should I appeal for another course, should I stay in Science stream, should I go to a different stream?
(Atikah's 18th birthday on the 7th January at The Bliss in Punggol Park)So many decisions to make, so little time. And for the fact that I know myself, unfortunately, I also know that I'm lazy. Which is why I found myself too lazy to think, too lazy to decide. I'm in Millennia Institute, so just screw the other thoughts, do well this year. And as much as I regret not thinking much about it, I don't regret one bit entering Millennia Institute. At the end of the day, it was all part of an experience and I'm also glad that I know what I can't do and what I should try to do. But then again, I never really got settled down in Millennia Institute, I was constantly thinking and thinking and thinking about what I should do rather than staying in the Science stream, and trust me, while I may have found friends that were of delight and joy to me, and I completely love them, especially my classmates: Farzanah, Elizabeth, Pradip (later on, Melathi joined us around April and she's our beloved good friend, Farzanah left, sadly, to Melbourne, in late March), I still felt utterly depressed and unsettled.
It was like I didn't belong to Millennia Institute's Science stream. It was tough but as much as I found it tough, I never gave up, or at the very least, I was on the verge of giving up, I just never really thought so much about it. And call it the root of my failures, and I guess you're right. Determination was scarce and having a scarcity in that, results in well, bad results. That's something that I believe in, yet it's funny when I don't practice what I believe in. That's besides the point. Point is, I struggled. And I guess along the way, I somehow gradually became stronger.
(First time clubbing in Zirca, Rebel and Lunar)That was basically how my first half of the year was like, starting from January. I guess it was when I received the message from the MOE or some office that I was accepted into Millennia Institute and the biggest shock of my life was that I had to report to that school, without prior knowledge of some orientation and that it was NOT gonna be just for 15 minutes for administrative stuff. It was much more than that. It implied, "Hey, report tomorrow. It's going to take a few minutes". Maybe it was the eleventh-hour adjustment, the fact that I was going to have to report for orientation in the wee hours of the morning, till the afternoon. Not good, man. I had no time to think at home and I had no time at all to be mentally prepared for this.
(Acting for the first time for a team from the diploma course Mass Communications Ngee Ann Polytechnic! It was an amazing and fun experience I swear but I don't know, I think I sucked, I think I was good. I don't know. 23rd January 2010)In February, things were more enjoyable. You make new friends, you start to hang out with each other. But there are only so few you can trust and so many that you know will just be good friends, acquaintances or, worst, enemies. Or some, you just get so busy with your school schedules, that you lose contact with them. You used to say hi, but you stopped because it wasn't worth it anymore. I mean, who are you kidding? Saying hello to someone whom you know it's been a long time since you've talked to them. I'm not one that's good at keeping friends. Making friends, that's something I think everyone can do. But keeping them, that's a harder process. It involves communication. The key to keeping friends. I guess you could say I'm more of the recessive-kind of person in a friendship (I know, ethics are: there shouldn't be a dominant one or a weaker one in a relationship). What I'm trying to say is, I'm the kind that doesn't make the move. I would and there are times when I did, but on the whole, nope. I'm not the kind that makes the first move in keeping a friendship. It's not that I'm arrogant or proud. When I see no point in keeping a friend, it's because maybe the vibe they give off, maybe the things they do or maybe they are just not who I thought them out to be.
(The end of MI's orientation - 5th February)But when I keep a friend, I truly believe that they can be trusted. It's just one of those things where I have learnt (or am still learning) in life, stand firm on what you believe in. February was the month when lessons started, so I guess nothing major happened, so you could call it the most boring month of the year. Honestly.
(Yong Wei's 18th birthday. Dressed as a doctor, shaved his head buzz-cut style, wearing my party hat.)-
March happened.
(Yong Wei planned a chalet for all the schoolmates and lemme tell you it was one amazing night with all my friends! We were all sitting down talking and laughing and drinking and eating and just embasking in each others' presence. It was fun and amazing!)-
(Elizabeth's 17th birthday. We didn't know each other much but we were just friends!)
-
April started off fine, I guess. Like I said, there were more opportunities that came up. I took part in a speech contest and I actually got to the semi-finals, and that was as far as I could try, and as far as I could go. I have an EXTREME fear of speaking in public and I spoke in front of many but speaking in front of the whole school, is just terrifying. I can speak in front of like 100 people but that's it. No more. So I gave up, I was supposed to write a speech to help me enter into the finals but I just gave up. I wrote a crappy speech. Hahahaha. Anyway, it was also the month where we were sworn in with our badges, as Student Councillors. Apparently we had to say some pledge and then we had to perform our first duty which was to put on the badge and uh, after that, we were officially Student Councillors. Hahahaha.

The friends you make there, well, that's natural. But no one told you that you'd hate a few people in there, some would backstab you, some would annoy you, some would want to outrank you. Yeah, trust me. I've had my fair share of people and when I see one, I know myself not to talk to them anymore. So yes, in Student Council, I scolded someone, I ignored some of them and honestly, I stuck with my closest friends and I love them: Giennieve, Hanan, Ming How, Cindy, Hilda, Fathima, Reyna. They're honestly the best.-
May happened. It was happening, let me tell you that. I signed up to take part in a Millennia Institute World International Conference programme where I have to host a foreign exchange student. That was the best time of my life. I met my buddy, Vincent Miller, from Germany. We all had our buddies and we got to know them more. It was one of the best things that happened.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Watch your fingertips. That's all there is to say.