Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Marching On

Yawn. I looked for jobs today, found an amazing place, Prologue (a bookstore) in town. The main thing I was looking for: A job in town. I found Prologue's advertisement. I called them up straightaway, the first person I talked to today -- was on the phone, so my voice was very rough and cracky. But, she said she's looking for full-time retail assistants only. I could do full-time, but I'd have to be there for a long long time. Now that's a little bit stupid, eh?
-
Firstly, let me ask this rhetorically, how would she know that someone who was working full-time, may suddenly quit 4 months after he or she started? Right, you don't. So when I asked if it was possible for me to work full-time until April and probably change to part-time since there'll be school, she said, "No, you have to be... permanent.".
-
I guess, the real question is: How permanent is permanent? Are you that sure that one of your employees won't work for more than 4-5 months? Then you're lying to yourself already, might as well employ me as a full-time employee until April and if you don't have any Part-Time slots, I'll resign. Simple as that.
-
And don't try to think I'm being stupid by telling her I'd be working by the end of the year, even if there are stupid people, I don't think stupid people would work as Human Resource managers or employers, cos come on, "You have school, don't you? How are you going to work till the end of the year?". Then, you're busted.
-
Point being, I think I wanna work in a bookstore. Hahahahaha.
-
Anyway, apart from finding jobs, I was actually looking at another thing under Classifieds. No, not cars. Rooms. I saw how cheap ones were ranging from $200 - $600. If I could get a job like NOW, and if I save up to $8, 000 (that's kinda impossible), I could use one-eighth of what I've saved to move out and rent a room! My expected moving-out-month: October. It's not confirmed yet, I don't really know if I really wanna move out now. But, if the plan goes through -- if I get a job. I'd be moving out by this year. Ain't that lovely? =) And if that's confirmed, I CAN'T WAIT TO LIVE ALONE! Buying meals for myself, paying the bills (?), keeping my room clean and safe, being completely free and no parents to nag at you. It's gonna be super fun.
-
OK, not sure if that plan's going to be confirmed but it has to really depend on my job-to-be. As for now, I think I want to work at Borders. So tomorrow, I'll be having Additional Mathematics tuition again. Yawn. After that, I'll be going for a haircut! On Thursday and Friday, will be going to two different polytechnics for the Open House!
-
As for Saturday, will be collecting my cheque opposite my apartment at the Community Centre (yawn-moment too, just waiting for the cash). Monday - Wednesday (most likely it'll be Tuesday. Audrey said that Ms Sim said it was on Tuesday, my Mom's friend who works at MOE said it was on Tuesday, but not really sure about this type of things) : Results. That's all. Because, after Results. Everything's going to change. Our life's gonna change. Things are going to change and we all know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watch your fingertips. That's all there is to say.