Saturday, January 2, 2010

Quest For Immortality

TRIP TO THE MUSEUM! (Photos from Sixu's Camera -- Unknown photographers (a few were behind the camera))
-----
But before that, LET'S WAIT FOR JOEL SO WE CAN SURPRISE HIM OUTSIDE CITY HALL MRT!
The cake that looks so nice now...

Burning my hands while trying to keep the candles from being blown by the wind.
--
The birthday boy!

On our way to the museum.






Front row (L to R): Audrey, Ivy, Cai Jia, Sixu, Jasmine.
Second row: Eugene (me), Woon Yee, Samuel, Jameson, Joel, Daryll, Alfred.

----
Inside the museum.

LOL, see the angmor behind me glaring at me? Hahaha, I accidentally blocked her while she was reading the text. Thus that evil stare.

I was wearing an acne patch! Hahahaha.
Scary leh.









OMG SEE DARYLL (above).
Whoever took this is MEAN.
Stalkers. Hahahaha.

--
Having lunch at Astons @ Cathay.

The cake that doesn't look so great now.








--
Photos from my handphone: Ze billet





Colossal head of a king (above)
Statue of the god Horus and King Horemheb. 18th Dynasty 1323-1295 BCE. Horemheb was believed to be an earthly incarnation of the god Horus. He is depicted as nearly life-sized, sitting next to Horus, the god of the sky or sun, is depicted with a human body and the head of a falcon. (Heh, I copied down a few texts). HAHAHA.
This is the statue of god Imi-khent-wer. 19th Dynasty, 1295 - 1186 BCE (Memphis, Lower Egypt -- possible location). This statue is the only known depiction of the god Imi-khent-wer (sometimes associated with the god Ptah). The back of the statue is formed by an obelisk-like pillar, with an inscription column naming the deity and the statue's royal donor, Weser-maat-re. (I think this description refers to the above picture. Correct me if I describe a statue wrongly, didn't take the photos of the test chronologically with the statues.)

This is an ostracon showing a king's head (bottom of the exhibit).
An inscription of a magical formula.
If I'm not wrong, this is a hieroglyph.


Relief fragment from the Sharuna Temple.
(Above) This is a fragment of a Hathor basin with two figures. The ritual basin belonged to a couple and was dedicated to Hathor, the goddess of love, music and dance. The outer edge bears traces of the couple's names and they are shown kneeling on the outside of the basin.
I think this was a well.



The goddesses.

As you can see from the picture above, the goddess on the right seems to have a head of a feline.


Falcon
Some mummified thing.
Mummified crocodiles.
The necklaces.










Now, the real reason why we went to check out Egyptian exhibits -- tombs.

Interior of the coffin.





OK, this is a real mummy. Inside is a real body. Creeps me out a little.


----
After the visit to the museum, 12 of us went to Cathay nearby to have our late lunch @ Astons!
My order.
---
After that, we headed to the arcade near the Dhoby Ghaut MRT! I PLAYED JUBEATS FOR THE FIRST TIME! HAHAHAHA AND YES, I suck. So no point laughing at me! :P
We also went to play Dance Dance Revolution! HAHAHA! First three rounds was with Daryll, then the other two rounds was with Ivy! HAHAHA! DDR is so fun. A few of them left, then it came to only Daryll, Jameson and me. We headed to Times so I could finally buy an organizer! WOOOOOO! Love my new organizer man. We then slacked at Starbucks Coffee.
---
My Aunt gave me a Christmas present! PERFUME! I LOVE PERFUME! HAHAHA Now I've like 4 bottles of them.
--
HAHAHA, this is a X'mas present from someone, THANKS! I LOVE THE MUG HAHAHAHA!
--
Aiden having a dream. LOL.


Today was so much fun! It was definitely something different. We all didn't have to pay to enter the museum since we were students! Hahahaha! It was very educational too! To those Geography students, hahaha, sorry if it was a bore to you, but glad you guys enjoyed it too! For us History students and all of the Geography students too, we were amazed by the artefacts and the mummies, the things Ancient Egyptians used to carry out their daily lives.
-
It was all very awesome and inspiring. Definitely should be part of our 'O' Level History syllabus. I still don't get why they want to touch on WWII and Cold War, they're boring. Add some spice like Ancient Egypt, Venice, Macau (I know there's lots of history there especially the Ruins of St. Paul) and many other European history to the textbook man!
-
If this was part of our History textbooks, boy, would I love History ten times better and not regret taking History (of course, I didn't have any choice since I opted for Literature)? YES. Hahaha, everything was so educational and just super cool and wah, I'll definitely be going to a museum again, hopefully there'll be some exhibitions on European History.
-
After the amazing experience, we had lunch, played Arcade, walked around, some left, some stayed. Definitely a day not to forget. Lastly, Joel, I know how much it may be one of your unlucky days but we're still glad you enjoyed your belated birthday celebration! Once again, sorry we didn't turn up at your chalet. Hope we made it up to you with this day. Hahaha, and shit, I spent like $55 today. Argh. I DIDN'T EVEN SAVE $1.
-
ANYWAY, GOOD NIGHT EVERYONE! PS: Click on the title, it'll direct you to a Wikipedia page on Ancient Egypt. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watch your fingertips. That's all there is to say.